Can you share your list of free webinars that offer PDs?
Let’s start by defining our terms, because there can be a lot of confusion when it comes to professional credits towards your IIBA® or PMI® certifications:
- Professional Development Hour (PD) – required to apply for the ECBA® or CCBA®, and 35 for the CBAP® exams. These are needed if you are looking to obtain one of these certifications.
- Professional Development Units (PDUs) – PMI® designation for continuing education, to maintain (or re-certify) for a PMI certification.
- Continuing Development Units (CDUs) – an IIBA® designation for continuing education, to maintain (or re-certify) for an IIBA certification.
To answer the reader’s question, there are no free options to earn Professional Development hours as part of obtaining your certification. In order for a “class” to qualify for PDs it must:
- contain material related to business analysis tasks, techniques or underlying competencies,
- an instructor must lead the students through the material, and
- students must have the ability to interact with the instructor and other students in the class.
We do offer complimentary webinars from time-to-time at Bridging the Gap, and these do qualify for CDUs. But they do not qualify for PDs because webinars do not provide the required interaction between students and the instructor to qualify for Professional Development hours.
If you are interested in pursuing your certification with IIBA, consider our flagship program The Business Analyst Blueprint certification program, in which you can earn 60 PDs towards an IIBA certification. Bridging the Gap is an Endorsed Education Providers (EEPTM), and so your credits are guaranteed. As part of this program. you’ll also have the opportunity to earn your Applied Certification in Business AnalysisTM (ACBA).
>>Learn More About Becoming a CBAP or CCBA
Interested in becoming a CBAP or CCBA? We cover 8 steps to the CBAP certification, that will take you to just learning about the certification to successfully sitting for the exam.